Difficulty | Serves 15 | Book 3
Preheat oven to 180ºC fan forced.
- Combine sifted flour, sugar and oats in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine milk with melt margarine, add to dry mix and mix all ingredients together well.
- Place a little more than half the mixture over the base of a slab tin (18cm x 28cm) that has been coated with cooking spray place. Press mixture down with the palm of your hand to flatter.
- Warm jam in microwave then spread evenly over base.
- Sprinkle remaining mixture over jam then press down with your hand until mixture is flattened. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown on top. When cool cut into 15 slices.
Variation: Replace jam with diet jam to reduce the sugar and kilojoule count.
Rolled oats have a low GI, and healthy fats making this slice a suitable choice for anyone interested in nutritious foods.