Difficulty | Serves 2 as a side dish | Book - MORE Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Preheat oven 220ºC fan forced.
- Wash potatoes, leaving skin on. Pat dry then prick the potatoes with a fork.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes, turn and cook a further 2 minutes.
- Combine margarine and garlic in a small bowl.
- Place potatoes onto a flat baking tray that has been coated with cooking spray. Cut slits 1 cm apart along each potato being careful to only cut two thirds of the way through each potato.
- Using a butter knife place small amounts of the margarine mix equally between each slit, push into the slit, avoid having mix sitting on top. If the potato opens up then use a wooden skewer to hold potato together.
- Coat tops of potato with cooking spray then sprinkle 1 teaspoon of parmesan cheese over top of each potato. Bake 20-25 minutes or until potato is cooked and crispy on top.
Suitable to be frozen.
Potatoes are a good source of fibre, which can help you lose weight by keeping you full longer. Fibre can help prevent heart disease by keeping cholesterol and blood sugar levels in check.