Difficulty | Serves 6 | Book 7
- Peel potatoes and cut into round slices 3mm thick (easier if you use a food processor). Rinse starch of potato then place in a microwave dish with a little water and cook on high for 6-7 minutes or until potato is just cooked. Drain, gently run cold water over to remove starch, leave to cool slightly.
- Fry mince and onion in a large saucepan that has been coated with cooking spray until cooked. Add peas into mince and combine.
- Mix in carrot and zucchini and cook 5 minutes.
- Place water, stock powder, pepper, Parisian essence, Worchester and oyster sauce in a small bowl and mix together. Whisk in cornflour until blended. Pour mix into mince, stir well until gravy has thickened.
- Pour into a medium sized lasagne or casserole dish then top with potato slices by overlapping each slice. Sprinkle cheese over top then place under grill until cheese has browned.
Variation: Replace lamb mince with very lean beef or chicken mince.
Suitable to be frozen.
NOTE: An adapted version of this recipe is also in More Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Salt-reduced stock provides loads of taste. Too much salt (sodium) in our eating plan can contribute to high blood pressure and strokes.