Difficulty | Makes 2 | Book - MORE Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Preheat oven to 200ºC fan forced.
- Pastry: Sift both flours into a small mixing bowl.
- Cool melted margarine then beat in egg white using a small whisk. Pour into flour.
- Fold ingredients together and if needed use your hands to help combine pastry. Divide pastry in 2. Place onto a well-floured surface and roll each piece into a 14cm round shape. Leave to rest while making filling.
- Filling: Microwave carrots in a little water for 2 minutes. Drain and leave to one side.
- Sauté chicken in a non-stick frypan that has been coated with cooking spray. Once cooked remove from pan.
- Sauté leek with garlic until softened.
- Mix milk with cornflour, add to pan and combine well.
- Add mustard, parmesan and stock powder to pan, combine. Add cooked chicken and carrots, combine well. Pepper to taste. Once boiling, divide mixture into two 11cm ramekin dishes.
- Spray tops of dishes with cooking spray. Place pastry circles on top, allowing excess pastry to fall over the outside of the dishes, press firmly around the edges. Brush pastry with a little milk then cut 2 slits into each top. Bake 12-15 minutes or until pastry has browned.
Suitable to be frozen for 2-3 weeks.
Skinless chicken needs to be carefully prepared to ensure it remains tender and tasty. Baking the dish with a pastry top traps in the nutrients and enables the chicken to remain tender.