Difficulty | Serves 2 | Book - MORE Cooking for 1 or 2 people
- Coat a large saucepan (that has a lid) generously with cooking spray. Brown mince with ½ teaspoon garlic. Remove mince from saucepan. Clean saucepan.
- Melt margarine in saucepan then add onion and ¾ teaspoon garlic, sauté for 1 minute.
- Add risoni, stirring into onion mix for 30 seconds. Add water and stock powder. Bring to boil then put lid on and reduce to a slow boil. Cook for 5 minutes, stir occasionally to prevent pasta from sticking to base of pan.
- Remove lid. Fold capsicum, broccoli and peas into mix. Slow boil for 5 minutes, lid off. Stir frequently.
- Add tomato paste, canned tomato, mustard and parmesan to mix, combine well. Slow boil a further 5 minutes or until pasta is cooked to your liking.
- Add cooked mince, basil leaves and pepper to taste, fold through until boiling.
Suitable to be frozen.
Risoni pasta looks very much like rice however it is a pasta and as such has a low glycaemic index. This meal tastes great and will leave you feeling full long after you have finished it.