Difficulty | Makes 2 | Book - More Cooking for 1 or 2 People
Preheat oven to 160ºC fan forced.
- Base: Place biscuits into a small zip lock bag then crush biscuits until fine crumbs using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Mix crumbs with melted margarine and combine well. Press biscuit mix into two 175ml small Pyrex ramekins.
- Filling: Blend cottage cheese and cream cheese until smooth using a stick blender.
- Add rind, juice and essence to bowl, blend. Add sugar and beat until sugar has dissolved.
- Add egg white, then flour. Once combined pour mixture over biscuit bases. Bake for 25 minutes.
Variation: Replace lime juice and rind with lemon for a Baked Lemon Cheesecake.
Suitable to be frozen.
Annette has made a fantastic low fat and saturated fat cheesecake alternative. Less fat means less kilojoules and less saturated fat means better heart health.