Difficulty | Serves 2 as a side dish | Book - MORE Cooking for 1 or 2 people
- Place a sheet of foil on griller tray, toast almonds under griller being careful not to burn them. Leave to one side.
- Cut 4cms off ends of asparagus and throw away. Cut asparagus into 5cm long pieces. Prepare snow peas by removing tops and the string on the side.
- Sauté asparagus with garlic in a frypan that has been coated with cooking spray for 4 minutes. Toss frequently.
- Add snow peas to pan, coat with cooking spray. Toss together with asparagus for 2 minutes. Remove from pan and place in refrigerator until cool.
- Place rocket onto a large dinner plate and sprinkle with mint then top with asparagus mix. Add cherry tomatoes, shallots and almonds.
- Dressing: Place all dressing ingredients into a small mixing bowl and combine. Pour over salad when ready to serve.
Not suitable to be frozen
This salad has a low glycaemic load. This means it will have a minimal effect on your blood glucose level making it ideal for people with diabetes.