Difficulty | Serves 2 | Book - MORE Cooking for 1 or 2 people
- Place apricots into a small microwave dish with a little water. Microwave for 2 minutes. Drain and leave to one side.
- Cut chicken into thin strips. (Similar size to beans and capsicum)
- Sauté chicken and ginger until just cooked in a non-stick frypan or wok that has been coated with cooking spray. Remove to be added later.
- Add water, beans and carrots to pan and slow boil for 3 minutes.
- Add shallots, capsicum and celery to pan and cook 3 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Add apricots, nectar, soup mix and stock powder to pan, combine well. Bring to boil, reduce to a slow boil for 1 minute.
- Add chicken back to pan, combine well. Serve once heated through.
NOTE: Serve with Basmati rice, cooked potato or noodles or for a lower carb option use glass noodles. Not included in nutritional information below.
Variations: Replace chicken with 250g lean lamb leg steaks or butterfly pork steaks cut into strips.
Suitable to be frozen.
Apricots are high in vitamin A, beta-carotene (the yellow/orange color) and other carotenoids. These vitamins are required for the health of your eyes and eye sight.