Do you struggle to get a good night’s sleep? Lack of sleep is a common concern. Whether it’s an unsettled toddler, a snoring partner or an overactive mind, if you’re left tossing and turning until the wee small hours it’s likely to impact your day in more ways than you realise.
When morning comes, if you’re left racing the clock and end up heading out the door without having breakfast you’re compounding the problem. Not only are you suffering from lack of sleep but when you don’t eat breakfast, sugar cravings hit mid-morning and the day spirals out of control. You forget about trying to stick to a healthy eating plan and it becomes all about surviving the day.
It doesn’t have to be that way, you can fight the effects of sleep deprivation and start the morning well with these three quick steps:
- Start with water– instead of reaching for coffee to get your day started, try drinking one or two glasses of water first up. Your body functions much better when it’s hydrated – water eliminates toxins, supports brain function and assists your metabolism, so you’ll be more equipped to face the challenges of the day.
- Eat something– if you know the morning is going to be hectic, plan what you are going to have for breakfast the night before – something you can have in a hurry or on the way to work is ideal. Eat a bowl of high fibre cereal; or grab a piece of fruit or one of my Premium Breakfast Shakes to have in the car. This will give your body the nutrients it needs to get started for the day.
- Breathe– if you’re stressed you’re likely to resort to shallow breathing, which isn’t an ideal way to start the day. Find time to take a few deep breaths – slowly breathe in through the nose for a count of five, then slowly out through the mouth for a count of five. You can even multi-task this step in the shower or on the way to work. This simple breathing exercise will help to release stress and draw more oxygen into your body.
You may not have control over the hours spent tossing and turning during the night, but you can give your body a boost by including these three simple steps in your morning routine. Give it a try, I’m sure you’ll notice the difference in your day when you take a few minutes to combat lack of sleep by kick-starting the day in a healthy way.
Quick Facts about my Premium Breakfast Shakes
- Just add 250ml of icy cold water, shake & go
- 158 calories per serve
- 7g of fibre combined with 15g of protein keeps you feeling fuller for longer
- 5 Star Health Star Rating
- 99% Fat Free
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
- No artificial sweeteners
- FLAVOURS – Creamy Vanilla, Iced Coffee, Wicked Chocolate
- 14 Individual serves per pack
- FREE 14 Day Menu Plan with EACH shake flavour includes inspiration, motivation and all recipes (downloadable)
- Contain the maximum allowable of many vitamins and minerals including magnesium, calcium, iron, zinc, folate & vitamins A, B6, B12, C, D, E, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin
- Suitable for people with diabetes with 150g of fruit (either blend in or eat separately)
- Suitable for pregnant or lactating mothers (consult health professional for calorie requirements)
- Safe for children (consult health professional for calorie requirements)
- Made in Australia
- Full nutritional breakdown and ingredient list for each shake flavour are included on each product page
You can also check the frequently asked questions page for my shakes to learn more.