“Drinking water is like taking a shower on the inside of your body”
Before I became a healthy person, I thought water was something to be added to scotch. Drinking water didn’t come naturally to me, I had to train myself to embrace this habit.
Here’s a few simple things that I did that can help you drink your daily quota:
- Fill a two-litre jug with water each morning so you know exactly how much water you’re drinking each day
- Drink a glass of water first thing each morning, before your morning cup of tea or coffee
- Choose to drink water with your meals rather than soft drink
- Always take a bottle of water with you wherever you go
There are lots of benefits to drinking your eight glasses a day
- Helps regulate body temperature
- Moistens tissues such as those in the mouth, eyes and nose
- Lubricates joints
- Protects body organs and tissues
- Helps keep bowel movements regular
- Supports the kidneys and liver by helping to flush out waste
- Carries nutrients and oxygen to the cells
- Helps increase your metabolism
So, make sure you’re drinking your eight glasses of water a day; your body will thank you for it.
How will you keep a tally to ensure you are drinking your eight glasses a day?