“Let exercise be your stress reliever not food”
Being a healthy person is not only about what you eat but also how active you are.
I read a survey recently that showed some of the changes regular exercise had made in the lives of participants:
- 82% said that they had more energy since they started exercising
- 73% felt they were more in control of their lives once they started exercising
- 69% said they approach life more optimistically
- 58% found they were sleeping better
It’s recommended to include at least 150 minutes of moderate intensity activity each week, but if you haven’t exercised in a while start with 10 minutes a day and increase from there.
Here are some exercise suggestions:
- Try aqua aerobics or swimming
- Hire exercise equipment
- Buy a skipping rope, start with 1 minute and build up
- Dance to your favourite tunes
- Find workouts on YouTube
- Go walking – it’s fantastic for general wellbeing
If you want to have a toned body, then you must make time for exercise.
Including exercise in your week will help you feel better and reach your goal weight sooner. Write in your diary the days and times you will work out and treat it like an important appointment – missing it is not an option!
Schedule in your exercise for the week ahead and make sure it’s not negotiable.