Difficulty | Serves 4 | Book 7
- Place teriyaki sauce, lemon juice, honey, cooking wine, soy sauce, cornflour and water into a medium size mixing bowl and whisk together. Leave to one side.
- Sauté ginger and shallots in a medium size saucepan that has been coated with cooking spray for 1 minute.
- Pour teriyaki mix into pan and stir continuously until boiled. Leave to one side.
- Toss sesame seeds in a large non-stick frypan until browned. Remove and leave to one side.
- Coat top of fish fillets with cooking spray and place sprayed side down in frypan. Cook 2-3 minutes depending how thick fish is, then coat top with cooking spray, turn and cook 2-3 minutes or until cooked through. Fish cooks quickly, so be careful not to overcook it.
- Pour equal amounts of sauce over each serve of fish, then sprinkle ¼ teaspoon of sesame seeds over each fish.
Variation: Replace fish with 4 x 150g skinless chicken breast.
Suitable to be frozen.
The National Heart Foundation recommends eating fatty fish twice a week. This will provide omega-3 fatty acids that reduce the risk of heart disease.