Difficulty | Serves 6 | Book 4
- Trim fat off rump then pan fry steaks to your liking, leave to one side.
- Combine cornflour with evaporated milk, then leave to one side.
- Re-use frypan (don’t wash it as you want the flavours of the meat to stay in the pan). Add shallots and both mustards, sauté 30 seconds stirring well.
- Add brandy, Worcestershire sauce and stock powder. Cook for 1 minute. Add milk mixture, combine well. Pepper to taste.
- Return steaks back to pan and reheat in sauce.
Variations: Replace rump with 6 x 150g butterfly pork steaks or skinless chicken breasts.
The use of evaporated light milk and cornflour makes the creamy taste and lowers the fat content making the sauce suitable for people with diabetes.