Difficulty | Serves 6 | Book 5
Preheat oven 180°C fan forced.
- Follow instructions on pasta packet to cook pasta, leave to one side.
- Sauté garlic and onion in a large non-stick frypan that has been generously coated with cooking spray for 1 minute. Add mince and combine.
- Fry until mince is cooked then add carrot, celery and capsicum, cook 3 minutes.
- Fold all remaining ingredients except pasta and grated cheese into mince. Bring to boil then reduce to a slow boil and cook 5 minutes. Pepper to taste.
- Fold cooked spaghetti into mixture coating well with mince sauce, pour into a large lasagne dish that has been coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle grated cheese over top. Bake 35 minutes.
Suitable to be frozen.
Spaghetti is pasta and as such has a low GI. The carbohydrate content is high so the serving size that is recommended in this recipe is ideal for people with diabetes and those aiming to maintain a healthy weight or lose weight.