Difficulty | Serves 4 large or 8 as a side dish | Book 7
- Cook pasta as instructed on packet. Leave to one side.
- Microwave peas in a little water for 4 minutes. Drain and leave to one side.
- Cut salmon into 1cm cubes.
- Blend milk, cottage cheese and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl using a stick blender until smooth
- Fold the smoked salmon, capers, mustard, onion, cucumber, capsicum and pepper into cream cheese sauce.
- Add cooked pasta and peas to sauce, combine together well.
Not suitable to be frozen.
Salmon provides loads of protein and is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins A, B and D, as well as the minerals calcium, iron, phosphorus and selenium. It is very good for preventing chronic conditions like heart disease, diabetes and cancer.