Difficulty | Makes 24 | Book 5
- Beat egg whites and sugar into a large mixing bowl for one minute using an electric beater.
- Add vinegar to milk (don’t worry if the milk curdles).
- Melt margarine then pour into milk. Add to bowl and combine.
- Sift flour into mixture in one go and fold gently, DO NOT BEAT as this will make the pikelets tough. The less the mixture is moved, the lighter the pikelets will be.
- Coat frypan generously with cooking spray then drop spoonfuls of mixture onto hot frypan. When mixture starts bubbling turn pikelets over and cook other side for a few minutes.
- Repeat this spraying with cooking spray each time until all mixture has been used, making 24 pikelets.
Suitable to be frozen.
Add mixed berries and low fat yoghurt for a healthy snack suitable for people with diabetes.