Difficulty | Serves 4 | Book 6
- Beat egg white and milk together on a dinner plate.
- Place all other ingredients except fish and cooking spray in a medium size mixing bowl then mix together well (you may find using your fingers will help).
- Place breadcrumbs onto another dinner plate then dip fish in egg mix and then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Coat a large non-stick pan generously with cooking spray. Before placing fish into pan generously spray top of fish with cooking spray. Place sprayed side down into heated pan. Cook 3 minutes.
- Spray top of fish with cooking spray then turn fish carefully to avoid breaking and cook for 3 minutes. To know when fish is cooked through, check if the inside of the fish is white. If you see pink, this means the fish is not cooked through yet.
NOTE: An adapted version of this recipe is also in Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Not suitable to be frozen.
Once more Annette has developed a great tasting low-fat alternative to a traditionally high-fat meal. Crumbed fish is always a favourite with the whole family and this one is healthy!