Difficulty | Makes 6 | Book - MORE Cooking for 1 or 2 people
1. Cake: Place sugar, margarine and boiling water in a glass or ceramic mixing bowl stirring until sugar has dissolved.
2. Sift flour, cocoa and bicarb into bowl, beat for 30 seconds using an electric beater.
3. Add egg white and beat 15 seconds more.
4. Pour equal amounts of cake mix into a 6 cup silicone muffin tray. Cook as follows:
1000 watt on 80% power for 4 minutes.
1100 watt on 80% power for 3 minutes.
Leave in microwave 2 minutes then remove. Leave to sit for 2 minutes then carefully turn out onto a cake rack. Leave to cool.
5. Icing: Once cakes have cooled, sift icing sugar and cocoa into a small mixing bowl. Add margarine and mix with enough milk to get a spreadable consistency. Spread equal amounts of icing over top of each cake.
Variation: Make in conventional oven following the recipe but instead of using a microwave dish use a metal muffin tin that has been coated with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced. Spray centre holes, pour equal amounts into 6 muffin holes. Bake 20 minutes or until firm to touch in the centre. Leave to rest for a few minutes then turn onto a wire rack to cool.
NOTE: Original recipe from Book 2, serves 12.
Suitable to be frozen.
Everyone’s favourite but this cake offers little nutritional value to your diet.