Difficulty | Serves 4 | Book 6
- Peel and cut onion into quarters then slice.
- Fry chicken, ginger and garlic in a non-stick frypan that has been generously coated with cooking spray for 3 minutes.
- Add onion and toss with chicken cooking for a further 2 minutes.
- Coat chicken with Tikka paste then add stock powder and canned tomatoes. Combine well.
- Once boiled, reduce to a slow boil until chicken is cooked through.
- Combine cornflour with evaporated milk, skim milk and essence. Add to pan with coriander leaves and mix well. Once boiled take off heat as evaporated milk can separate when over boiled.
NOTE: Serve with Basmati rice or noodles or for a lower carb option use glass noodles. Not included in nutritional information.
NOTE: An adapted version of this recipe is also in Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Suitable to be frozen for 2-3 weeks.
Having trouble finding Coconut Essence? It’s available HERE on my website.
A fantastic way to have a smooth, coconut milk flavour, without the saturated fat, and an ideal way to achieve heart health. Annette has been very clever in using coconut essence with evaporated skim milk.