Difficulty | Serves 6 | Book 1
- Microwave vegetables on high for 8 minutes with 1½ cups of water. Drain vegetables, save 1 cup of vegetable water to be used later.
- Sauté lamb in a non-stick frypan that has been coated with cooking spray for 5 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic, cook a further 1 minute.
- Add coriander, cumin, turmeric, garam masala and chilli to meat, cook for 1 minute.
- Dissolve stock powder in boiling water, pour over meat, simmer slowly for 10 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Place vegetables into pan. Combine reserved water with cornflour then add to pan, bring to boil.
- Take off heat then fold in yoghurt.
NOTE: An adapted version of this recipe is also in Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Suitable to be frozen for 2-3 weeks.
This dish has lots of vegetables and the low fat animal products make this a suitable meal to help prevent diabetes, heart disease and many forms of cancer.