Difficulty | Serves 6 | Book 7
Preheat oven 180ºC fan forced.
- Beat eggs and egg whites in a large mixing bowl together using an electric beater. Add milk and beat for 30 seconds.
- Add all the ingredients except tomatoes, parmesan cheese and flour and combine.
- Fold in sifted flour mixing together well.
- Pour into a quiche or pie plate that has been coated with cooking spray. Spread evenly then top with halved tomatoes around edge.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over top then bake 55-60 minutes or until browned and firm to touch in centre. Leave to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Suitable to be frozen.
I recommend this slice as it includes vegetables, moderate amounts of protein and is low in saturated fats making it a nutritionally complete meal.