Difficulty | Serves 4 | Book 5
- Melt margarine in a medium size saucepan then sauté garlic for 15 seconds.
- Add marmalade, lime juice, stock powder and soy sauce to pan and bring to boil stirring continuously. Reduce heat to slow boil for 2 minutes.
- Combine cornflour with water and stir into pan until boiling, using a whisk to avoid lumps. Reduce to a low heat while fish is cooking.
- Fry fish fillets in a non-stick frypan that has been generously coated with cooking spray for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked (overcooking fish will make it dry).
- Place fish on serving plate and pour a quarter of the sauce over each piece of fish.
Variation: Replace fish with 4 x 125g of skinless chicken breasts.
NOTE: An adapted version of this recipe is also in Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Suitable to be frozen.
Protein is made up of small organic chemicals called amino acids. Eight of these must be obtained from the food we eat. Protein from animal sources is of greater nutritional value than plant sources because they usually contain all the essential amino acids.