Difficulty | Makes 12 | Book - Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Preheat oven 180°C fan forced.
- Dry Ingredients: Place all the dry ingredients into a medium size mixing bowl and combine well making sure you separate clumps of dried fruit.
- Wet Ingredients: Combine all the wet ingredients together in a small mixing bowl then add to dry mix.
- Combine together using a large spoon, mixing well for 1 minute.
- Coat a large flat baking tray with cooking spray then using a 7cm scone cutter place two dessertspoons of mixture into the hole and spread to make a circle. Gently lift cutter, repeat until 12 circle biscuits are made.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Leave to cool on tray. Once cooled place onto a wire rack then do topping.
- Topping: Break chocolate into squares then place into small glass or ceramic dish. Microwave on 50% power for 2 minutes. Stir well.
- Using a small zip lock bag place melted chocolate into bag. Seal well then cut a small point from the corner of the bag. Squeeze chocolate over tops of biscuits in a zig zag style. Leave to set.
NOTE: To make sure you use all the melted chocolate use the top edge of an egg lifter (metal is best) to push chocolate to the corner for piping.
Variation: Replace almonds with raw unsalted peanuts or to make a gluten free Florentine replace flour with ⅓ cup gluten free plain flour and 1½ cups gluten free corn flakes.
Not suitable to be frozen.
This is an occasional food. However it does contain some fruit and nuts so can contribute as an extra, to a nutritionally adequate eating plan.