Difficulty | Serves 6 | Book 2
- Cook fettuccine as instructed on packet. Leave to one side.
- Sauté garlic and onion in a large non-stick saucepan that has been coated with cooking spray for 2 minutes Add ham and cook 2 minutes more.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook a further 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and set to one side.
- Melt margarine in same saucepan, add flour, mixing well. Slowly add warmed skim milk, then evaporated milk whisking continually until smooth.
- Stir in dry soup mix, stock powder and parmesan cheese.
- Return mushroom mixture to pot, combine well, add pepper to taste.
- Divide fettuccine into 6 serves then pour equal amounts of sauce over pasta.
Variation: For a lower carb option replace fettuccine with glass noodles.
Suitable to be frozen for 2-3 weeks.
97% fat free ham can be used in all recipes to lower the amount of saturated fat and make it suitable for people with diabetes.