Difficulty | Serves 6 | Book 7
Preheat oven 180º fan forced.
- Crust: Place breadcrumbs, onion, rosemary, garlic and dried apricots in a medium size mixing bowl and combine well.
- Combine milk with melted margarine then pour into bowl. Combine ingredients together well, use your hands to mix if needed. Leave to one side.
- Assemble: Fry chops in a large non-stick frypan that has been coated with cooking spray for 1 minute on each side.
- Divide bread mix into 6 equal amounts then top each chop with mixture pressing firmly over chop. Place onto a flat baking tray that has been coated with cooking spray and bake for 20 minutes or until pork is cooked through.
- Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a medium size saucepan. Whisk until cornflour is mixed into liquid then stir continuously until sauce boils.
Variations: Replace pork with 6 x 150g very lean lamb leg steaks or 6 x 150g skinless chicken breasts.
Lean trimmed pork is a healthy source of protein, vitamins including thiamine, niacin, B6, B12, riboflavin and minerals, selenium, zinc, as well as omega-3 fatty acids.