Difficulty | Serves 6 | Book 4
Preheat oven 180ºC fan forced.
- Cook pasta as instructed on packet, leave to one side.
- Drain tuna, roughly break up, leave to one side.
- Sauté garlic and mushrooms in a large non-stick frypan that has been coated with cooking spray for 2 minutes.
- Add tuna, shallots, corn kernels, cream corn and stock powder and combine.
- Combine cheese sachets in a small bowl with boiling water. Add cheese sauce to pan and folding into mix. Add pasta and combine well.
- Pour into a casserole or lasagne dish. Sprinkle cheese over top and bake 30 minutes or until cheese has melted and browned on top.
Variation: For a quicker version, omit baking in oven and instead place lasagne dish under griller to brown cheese top
NOTE: An adapted version of this recipe is also in Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Suitable to be frozen.
This nutritious recipe contains a lean protein source and low glycaemic index carbohydrates making it suitable for people with diabetes.