Difficulty | Serves 8 | Book 3
Preheat oven to 180ºC fan forced.
- Spinach filling: Defrost spinach, then squeeze as much water out of spinach as possible. Place into a large mixing bowl.
- Blend cottage cheese in a food processor until smooth. Pour into bowl and combine with spinach. Leave to one side.
- Chicken filling: Sauté chicken, onion and garlic in a non-stick frypan that has been generously coated with cooking spray until nearly cooked.
- White sauce: Melt margarine in a separate saucepan then add flour and combine. Using a whisk vigorously beat as you add milk into pan.
- Add dry soup mix into milk with tarragon. When boiled add chicken filling to pan fold with sauce.
- Assemble: Place 2 large lasagne sheets on base of lasagne dish (about 15cm x 28cm) that has been coated with cooking spray and spoon half the chicken mixture over lasagne then top with 2 lasagne sheets.
- Spread spinach mixture on top of sheets, then top with the remaining lasagne sheets.
- Spoon remaining chicken over top, sprinkle cheese on top and cover with foil (give the foil a coating of cooking spray so cheese doesn’t stick). Bake 40 minutes then remove foil and cook a further 10-15 minutes or until browned on top.
Suitable to be frozen 2-3 weeks.
NOTE: An adapted version of this recipe is also in More Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Watch me make it below
100g of spinach provides all of your vitamin A and half of your vitamin C requirements for a day.