Difficulty | Serves 4 | Book 2
- Spread cashews on a baking tray and place under grill until browned (be careful as they burn quickly), leave to one side.
- Sauté chicken and garlic together in a wok or large non-stick frypan that has been generously coated with cooking spray until cooked. Place chicken into a bowl and leave to one side.
- Coat pan again with cooking spray then add the onion, chilli, capsicum, snow peas and carrots, stir 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are just cooked.
- Add shallots, stock powder, sauces, sugar and pepper and mix together. Blend cornflour with water and pour into pan, stir well.
- Add chicken back to pan and stir until heated through and sauce has thickened. Sprinkle cashews over top of each serve.
NOTE: Serve with Basmati rice or noodles or for a lower carb option use glass noodles, not included in nutritional info below.
NOTE: An adapted version of this recipe is also in Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Suitable to be frozen
Cashew nuts add variety to stir fry dishes and are a great source of unsaturated fat making this recipe a healthy heart choice.