Difficulty | Serves 6 | Book 4
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Coat a large non-stick frypan or wok with cooking spray, sauté chicken, onion, garlic and ginger until chicken pieces are nearly cooked.
- Add all the spices and stock powder. Combine with chicken for 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste and fold through chicken.
- Blend cornflour with milks then add to pan stir continuously, mixing well until boiled. Once boiled take off heat as evaporated milk can separate when over boiled.
NOTE: Serve with Basmati rice or noodles or for a lower carb option use glass noodles, not included in nutritional info.
NOTE: An adapted version of this recipe is also in Cooking for 1 or 2 people
Variations: Replace chicken with either lean rump steak, butterfly pork steak or 600g firm tofu.
Suitable to be frozen for 2-3 weeks.
This recipe does not contain butter but uses cooking spray, this lowers the amount of saturated fat and kilojoules making it an ideal food choice.