Why this plate? Much more than a smaller plate with lines. The Portion Perfection Plate is a practical tool for men, women and children.
The plate shows markings to guide the type of food to make up a main meal and the words around the plate relate to conscious eating which is a strategy for feeling satisfied on the smaller portion.
There’s an instruction booklet with the plate that describes how much of the plate to fill and how deep to fill it.
There are two different serving sizes indicated on the plate because men and women have different needs. Women fill just the base of the plate and men fill out to the edge of the melamine plate.
You may also wish to purchase the portion bowl because not everything you eat goes on a plate – think cereal and snacks, and there’s a Portion Perfection book with pictures of realistic portions for your needs.
Melamine is not suitable for microwave heating, or for the serving of very high temperature foods such as fried foods and boiling soups.
Melamine Product Care Tips:
• Cleaning should take place promptly and on a regular basis to avoid staining.
• Do not use harsh or abrasive cleansers, steel wool, or metal pot scrubbers/scouring pads to clean.
• Use only plastic pads or plastic-type bristle scrubbers to remove dried food.
• Do not use chlorine bleach or chlorine-based products on melamine products.
• For best results, use a high-alkaline base solution for regular dishwashing.